Contact Us

Lexis Dixon

Election Administrator

Ph: 406-265-5481 ext 2323

Voter Registration


To vote in Hill County, Montana, you must be:
  • 18 or older on or before the next election.
  • A citizen of the United States.
  • A Montana resident for at least 30 days.
  • Registered as required by law.
Register to vote by completing and signing a Voter Registration Application and returning it in person or by mail to the Hill County Clerk and Recorder's Office, 315 4th St, Havre, MT 59501
You cannot vote if you:
  • Are a convicted felon currently serving a sentence in a penal institution.
  • Have been judged in a court of law to be of unsound mind.
The deadline for regular registration is 30 days before any election. If you miss that deadline, late registration is available at the election office

Military and Overseas Citizens are afforded special voting privileges under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA).
UOCAVA voters include:
  • Members of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine on active duty
  • Spouses or depedents of members of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine on active duty
  • U.S. citizens residing outside of the U.S.
To let us know you are a UOCAVA voter, register and request your absentee ballot with the Federal Post Card Application.
UOCAVA voters can:
  1. Request your absentee ballot be sent to you by email, fax or regular mail.
  2. Receive your ballot early - absentee ballots are mailed 45 days before an election  to UOCAVA voters. (All other absentee ballots are mailed 20-25 days before an election.)
  3. Access and mark your absentee ballot online with Montana's Electronic Absentee System.
  4. Return your absentee ballot by email, fax or regular mail.
For more information on UOCAVA voting, contact us, visit the state's website for UOCAVA voters, or visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program's website.